Sunday, March 22, 1998

Race Report: 1998 Land Park Criterium

There isn't a whole lot to tell when reporting on this crit. It's been 10 years since I have raced in Land Park, but nothing has changed. You ride around in circles, avoid the inevitable crash, and sprint.

Today went true to form. Even though I have been doing more riding with road racer friends, I struggled a bit with the high pace and spent much of the race towards the back. In the last few laps, everyone was trying to move up and of course there was a touch of wheels. A few guys went down and I managed to avoid the pileup.

On the bell lap I was actually in a good position near the front, but again the pace was too high. I faded by the end of the lap. I took 12th in the sprint out of 37 riders.

Not great, not terrible. Top third is pretty good for me I guess.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment