Friday, September 10, 2021

Clearing Out

We left the smoky crapfest of the Sacramento Valley for some clean coastal air in Monterey. A view from my window when we left:


The sky from downtown Monterey when we arrived. A little better. I guess.


On our first evening we typically head to a brewery. This time it was Fieldwork. It never disappoints.


The next day we rode south along the coast.


Temps were in the mid 70s, which is warmer than we typically experience.


The next day we rode north on the coastal trail, knocking out 28 miles. Selfie fail:


Much success!


Afterwards we ate at Peter B's, an establishment that might brew beer.


The next day I rode alone while Jenn went on one of her MegaUltraWalkabouts ™ around Monterey.

I picked out a place called Jack's Peak and mapped a route up there. The peak is at almost 1100 feet, so it was quite a bit of climbing not far from town. The view of Monterey Bay was nice.


I don't love riding in traffic these days, but some of the roads have insanely wide bike lanes. I am slowly learning the best routes.


On Friday we did another ride south along the water, and headed home.


I shot a little video on this trip. Posting pictures and video might be a little redundant. I don't know.


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment