Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Intervals

Back in the day I used to do intervals as part of my training. This usually involved something like climbing a steep hill over and over (the famous puke loop!), or perhaps some sprint repeats, or sitting at 90% of max heart rate for five minutes with one minute of rest in-between. Over and over. They were painful but effective training tools. I do not miss them, though.

Today, however, I experimented with intervals. On my camera. It didn't hurt at all.

I set my GoPro to take a photo every 30 seconds on our ride today. 


It's a wide angle lens, so there is some distortion, which isn't great for general use.


Sometimes the wide angle works out like in the photo below.


Or this one.


Passing lane only.


Speaking in Italian.


Overall it was a fun experiment, but combing through 300 pictures with similar perspectives was a bit monotonous. Perhaps if I mounted the camera on my helmet instead of the handlebars that might yield more interesting compositions.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment