Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Scream

Today I went for a mountain bike ride from the house. Normally this is a fun day, but it was more frustrating than anything. Every time I felt like I was getting into a rhythm, something stood in my way.

This tree fell across a trail. With poison oak lining both sides of the trail, I didn't attempt to go around it. My momma didn't raise no dummy. Alternate route.


The state is making levee improvements. Trail gone. Alternate route.


Found an alternate route. No bikes. With three hikers giving me the hairy eyeball, I moved on. Alternate route.


This continued to happen for one reason or another for the entire ride. I was so frustrated I even stopped taking pictures. Me. No pictures. I know, right?

It's enough to make a guy scream. Sometimes you just gotta let it out.


I am sure the next ride will be better.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment