Thursday, January 04, 2018

More

For many years I kept detailed mileage and training calendars. You know, obsessive-compulsive, super annoying racer behavior. These numbers were then entered into spreadsheets so I could see comparisons and trends, understand why I lost a particular race, and generally just geek out on the numbers.

These days I don't keep track of much, mostly because my mileage is so much lower. Quite frankly it's depressing when old, fat dad me is compared to younger racer me. However, it is pretty easy to hit the buttons on a GPS and let it keep track of rides. Mostly I do this just because I like to know how far I am going on a ride-to-ride basis.

Last year I discovered I could export the data in a comma delimited format and import it as a spreadsheet. I added up my 2016 miles, looked at the total, couldn't believe how little I rode, double-checked the total, cried for a while, and then drank beer until I passed out.

I did it again this year, hoping I hadn't become even more of a lazy slob. Shockingly I was LESS of a lazy slob. I actually rode 720 more miles in 2017.

To celebrate, I am going to drink beer until I pass out.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment