Friday, April 03, 2020

Spacing Out

The purchase of the Jones created a situation where there was one more bike in the garage than hooks to hang them on. I sold the Casseroll and the world is back in sync again.


I had actually been trying to sell the Salsa since last August, long before purchasing the Jones even entered my mind.

I bought the Casseroll new in 2009 as a single speed on clearance for $550. I unloaded all the parts on eBay for about $250 and felt pretty good about it.


The only original parts left when I sold the bike were the frame, fork and brakes. It was built with mostly Dura Ace 9-speed parts originating in the last century. I sold it for $550. It was a good bike, but I saw an opportunity to unload an aged parts set and clear some needed space. The current gravel bike also made it redundant.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment