Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Rolling

 I found the time to get the wheelset together for my Hightower.

The wheels feature the same Deore XT hubs and ARC35 rims that I have been using successfully for many years. This particular set was built about seven years ago for a Kona Honzo build that I never started. They have been sitting in my office unused ever since. In fact, they are so old that the rear rim is the Easton version that predates the Race Face acquisition.

The tires are obviously Maxxis. The front is a new 29x2.6 Rekon. I could probably use a more aggressive tire up front, but I had three of these sitting in a box, so I'll see how they are. In the rear is a lightly used 29x2.4 Ardent. Again, I have two of these so they need to be used on something.

Unlike the WTB tires that I set up a couple months ago, which were frustratingly difficult to seat, these seated easily with a floor pump as Maxxis tires generally do for me.

Rotors are lightly used 180mm Deore XT front and rear. I should probably have a 203mm in front, but these are what I had in the archives.

The cassette is a basic Eagle NX 11-50 to eventually pair up with an otherwise GX drivetrain.

Hopefully tomorrow I can start hanging some parts on the frame.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment