Friday, January 08, 2010

It's a G Thing

A Canon G11, that is. Just arrived this afternoon.



I have been pretty happy with my Canon SD850IS as a travel and mountain biking camera, but it pretty much sucks in low light conditions. I have taken too many indoor shots of important occasions that came out dark and grainy. I needed something that would do better.

After researching for longer than I care to admit, and changing my mind multiple times, I finally chose the Canon G11.

The G11 does take great pictures in low light. I won't bore you with my comparison testing pictures, but I will say that the difference is huge.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. My sister bought the G10 some time back and she loves the thing. Apparently a nice bridge between DSLR and point-and-shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. You have the choice of geeking out with all the settings, or you can just throw it in auto mode and start shooting. I'm slowly learning how to shoot in manual mode, and it's pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete