Sunday, May 05, 2013

Miles in May

It's May again, so the time has come to get my lazy ass out and put in some miles. I pledged 700 miles this year, which I hope will get me a top-5 in the Technology Services Division at work. We shall see.

I swore I would ride my road bike this year so I could compete with the guys at work, but when push came to shove I still grabbed the mountain bike.

On Friday I did a 55-mile ride with 3,300 feet of climbing. It was a mix of dirt, gravel, road and bike trail.






Pissed off rattlesnake on the bike trail:



Saturday was a bit of a wasted day. We didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. after attending the Giants game Friday night. I was pretty much worthless all day and never did get on the bike.

Today I again grabbed a mountain bike and did a 42-mile mixed surface ride that felt just as hard as the Friday ride. After seeing the GPS output, I can see why: almost as much climbing as Friday in far fewer miles.

I am currently sitting in third place, but it's early yet. At some point I will have to ride the road bike if I hope to compete with the roadies.

Tomorrow my son has a baseball game and Tuesday he has a band recital, so I will have to get creative with my riding opportunities.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment