Sunday, May 03, 2015

Get Some Dirt

I have not been posting much lately because my rides haven't been too exciting. Coaching Little League is taking up a tremendous amount of time, which is coming directly out of my riding time. I'm getting out for short rides, sure, but nobody wants to hear about my local loop over and over again.

Yesterday during our game, we had a number of grounders get past us. We tell the kids to "get the glove down" or "get some dirt." After enduring a tough loss, I realized I myself needed to get some dirt.

I woke up at 5 a.m. this morning, had breakfast, prepped the gear and headed out a little after seven. I didn't have enough time to drive anywhere, so I decided to ride the El Dorado Trail south.

It always surprises me how wide open the land is just a couple miles south of Highway 50. You see the occasional house or ranch, but most of the time just rolling hills. And every time I ride out there I wonder why I don't do it more.


This shot was an accident, but I kind of like it.


The terrain is surprisingly hilly even though the trail never ventures far from the tracks.


I turned around after a little over an hour of riding.


I rolled up the driveway with 24.5 miles and just enough time to shower, eat and head to baseball practice.

Tonight I am tired and definitely not ready for the weekend to be over, but it was really nice to hit some trails this morning, even if it was just out by the tracks. Whether it's baseball or bikes, "get some dirt" is always good advice.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment