Friday, May 05, 2017

The Hard Way

Today my original plan was to take the road bike down to the bike trail and knock out an easy 40 miles. However, I really hate using a vehicle to drive somewhere to ride a bike. It seems counter-intuitive and wasteful when the only real goal right now is to rack up miles. I rode from home instead, doing a mixed surface ride on the mountain bike.


I still got my 40 miles, but instead of cruising on a road bike and gaining maybe 50 feet of total elevation on the pancake-flat bike trail, I rode the mountain bike and gained 3200 feet.


It's a much harder way to compete with the roadies at work.


It was a cool morning, which was nice considering the heat we had earlier this week.


I had a nice long nap after my ride. Not a bad way to spend a day off.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment