Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Ride

For the last month I have been doing rides between one and two hours long, and most them weren't interesting enough to talk about. I guess I'm just riding for fun at this point. I just can't seem to find the motivation to ride and train enough to race.

Sunday we went out for a family ride in the Placerville area. We started at the parking lot on Missouri Flat Road and headed east on the bike trail.

After a mostly downhill ride to the bridge over Weber Creek, it was pretty much all uphill to the turnaround point.


This old railroad tunnel is in Placerville.


There is a bit of dirt on the route.


Most of us enjoyed it.


Not sure how much Jen did.


This used to be where the old trestle bridge was.  I went over it once and it scared the hell out of me.  Now it's a beautiful foot bridge, and the chance of dying on it is much less likely.


It was raining to the east, but we stayed dry.


We did a little over 17 miles with a fair bit of climbing, and everyone did great.  Good ride.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. A nice family ride - not exciting, but what is exciting is that damn Fargo. That is a sweet machine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty cool bike. I did 17 rides in August and 11 of them were on the Fargo. I guess that makes it my favorite bike.

    You need one.

    ReplyDelete