Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Snow Time

I got out for a little ride yesterday in Tahoe. Unlike our New Year's visit last year, when I rode in dry sandy conditions, this year there was snow. A lot of snow.


The depth was over two feet in most places, but the snowshoers had packed it down enough to ride on.


The problem with my local riding is the lack of flat ground. This makes for great riding in the summer, but it's tough going in the snow. I climbed for about a mile until I called it quits. The snow was just a bit too deep to climb an incline that steep.


I wanted to go out again today, but I got a little wrapped up in celebrating last night. Consequently, I had a bit too much beer, and I also forgot to wash my cold-weather riding clothes. Maybe tomorrow.

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment