Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mission Aborted

Right before liftoff, too.

Well, I woke up feeling quite well today, the best I have felt all week. Not sure how I feel about that. I guess I am relieved that I am not dying, but in the back of my head I am wondering if I could have gone out and turned a few laps. But I guess since it was only two nights ago that I couldn't even breathe, I WOULD have to be an idiot to race.

I am wondering what I could have done differently when everyone else in the house was getting sick. I ate well, took my vitamins, rode hard and tried to rest as best I could. I even avoided my son when he was sick, which made me feel like a total ass, but I really wanted this race to go off without a hitch. In hindsight, I should have just let him sneeze and slobber all over me and I could have been done with this weeks ago.

I'll let the virus pass and resume training for the next objective, which is the 8-hour race in Cool on May 2.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment