Saturday, March 21, 2009

. . . one . . .

One week until Boggs.

I had a pretty good week on the bike, totalling 147 miles, highlighted by a 4.5 hour dirt/road combo ride on Tuesday.

Towards the middle third of the ride I started fading a bit, and I thought, "Man, I am cooked." But I had set out to do at least four hours, so I kept plugging along. I upped my water and fuel intake and started feeling better little by little. On the last third of the ride I felt pretty good, and by the time I hit the final series of climbs leading up to my house I was flying. I finished feeling strong, so I was pretty happy about that. If it weren't for the fact that I had to pick up my son at school, I would have gone on for another few miles.

I still don't know if I have the capability of eight hours in my legs yet, but I guess in a week I will know the answer to that question.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment